23rd Japan Media Arts Festival
4th October 2019
Who may enter
The competition is open to artists from all over the world.
The competition is organized by the Japan Media Arts Festival Executive Committee.
There are 4 divisions:
• Art Division – interactive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art, internet art, media performances, etc.
• Entertainment Division – games (video games, online games, etc.), video/sound works, multimedia productions (including special effects videos, performances), websites, applications, etc.
• Animation Division – animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
• Manga Division – comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine, comics published online, self-published comics, etc.
Works must be completed or released between October 6, 2018 and October 4, 2019.
Entry is free.
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded.
• Grand Prize: 1,000,000 ¥
• Excellence Award: 500,000 ¥
• New Face Award: 300,000 ¥
• Social Impact Award: 500,000 ¥
Please visit http://festival.j-mediaarts.jp/en/entry/entry-guidelines/ to learn more about the competition.