24th Japan Media Arts Festival
Monday, 22 June 2020
1 July 2020
4 September 2020
Who may enter
The competition is open to artists from around the world.
The competition is organised by the Japan Media Arts Festival Executive Committee.
There are 4 divisions:
• Art Division – interactive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art (including photographs), internet art, media performances, etc.
• Entertainment Division – games (video games, online games, etc.), video/sound works, multimedia productions (including special effects videos, performances), products (products utilizing media technologies, R&D devices, etc.), websites, applications, etc.
• Animation Division – animated feature films, animated short films (including opening videos, ending videos, etc.), animated TV series, videos for streaming, etc.
• Manga Division – comics published in a book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile devices), self-published comics, etc.
Works must be completed or released between October 5, 2019 and September 4, 2020.
Click here to see the previous winning works.
Entry is free.The competition is free to enter.
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, Social Impact Award, New Face Awards, and U-18 Award will be awarded.
• Grand Prize: 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
• Excellence Award: 500,000 Japanese Yen
• Social Impact Award: 500,000 Japanese Yen
• New Face Award: 300,000 Japanese Yen
• U-18 Award: Certificate
For further information visit https://j-mediaarts.jp/en/contest