25th Japan Media Arts Festival
Published: Friday, 25 June 2021
1 July 2021
3 September 2021
Who may enter
The competition is open to artists from around the world.
The competition is organized by the Japan Media Arts Festival Executive Committee.
There are 4 divisions:
• Art Division – interactive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art (including photographs), internet art, media performances, etc.
• Entertainment Division – games (video games, online games, etc.), video/sound works, spatial representation (including special effects videos and directions, performances), products (products utilizing media technologies, R&D devices, etc.), websites, applications, etc.
• Animation Division – animated feature films, animated short films (including opening videos, ending videos, etc.), animated TV series, videos for streaming, etc.
• Manga Division – comics published in a book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile devices), self-published comics, etc.
Works must be completed or released between 5 September 2020 and 3 September 2021.
The competition is free to enter.
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, Social Impact Award, New Face Awards, and U-18 Award will be awarded.
• Grand Prize: 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
• Excellence Award: 500,000 Japanese Yen
• Social Impact Award: 500,000 Japanese Yen
• New Face Award: 300,000 Japanese Yen
• U-18 Award: Certificate
For further information visit the official competition website.