Amateur Photographer of the Year 2023
Posted on 6 February 2023
Who may enter
The competition is open to amateur photographers.
Please note that prizes are only able to be given to photographers based in the USA, UK or EU.
This annual competition is organized by the Amateur Photographer, a British photography magazine.
The competition has 10 monthly rounds, each with a different theme:
1. Black & White | Opens 8th February | Closes 6th March
2. Travel | Opens 7th March | Closes 3rd April
3. Macro | Opens 4th April | Closes 2nd May
4. Landscapes | Opens 3rd May | Closes 30th May
5. Portraits | Opens 31st May | Closes 26th June
6. Architecture | Opens 27th June | Closes 24th July
7. Street | Opens 25th July | Closes 21st August
8. Wildlife | Opens 22nd August | Closes 18th September
9. Action | Opens 19th September | Closes 16th October
10. Low Light | Opens 17th October | Closes 13th November
1 image – £8
4 images – £20
12 images – £36
40 images – £80
The overall winner after ten rounds will receive a voucher for £1,000 to spend at MPB. MPB is the world’s largest online platform to buy, sell and trade used photography and videography equipment.
In each round, 1st place will each receive a £500 voucher; 2nd place a £100 voucher; and 3rd place a £50 voucher.
For further information visit the official competition website.